Pet Friendly Hotels in Savannah, GA
In a city like Savannah, Georgia, known for its walkable Historic District, travelers obviously want to bring their pets along. And for those ready to enjoy Savannah's 22 public squares and other landmarks and attractions, our research at Hotels-Rates shows 42 pet-friendly hotels in Savannah, GA.
If you are traveling to Savannah with a fur-covered companion, choose a room from these and more at Hotels-Rates:
- Baymont By Wyndham Savannah South
- Best Western Savannah Gateway
- Best Western Savannah Historic District
- Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
- Hyatt Place Savannah Airport
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside
- Quality Inn Savannah I-95
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway
- Residence Inn Savannah Midtown
- TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport
In addition to public squares and historic cemeteries, the 30-acre Forsyth Park in the Savannah Historic District is a wonderful place to walk dogs on leashes. While the Forsyth Park fountain is one of Savannah's most well-known icons, locals also know the park for its grassy fields, Fragrant Garden for the blind, amphitheater and quaint café.
If you are staying in or near the Historic District, walk your dog along the River Walk on the Savannah River or through City Market, the four-block entertainment district between Ellis and Franklin squares, where you'll surely want to stop at the doggie water fountain in Ellis Square. Many Historic District restaurants offer outside seating and/or allow carry-size pups indoors.
Or join a guided tour of Savannah's historic sites for you and your pup with Oliver Bentley's Historic Dog Walk Tour or the hop-on-hop-off Old Savannah Trolley Tours, which are dog-friendly.
Savannah's Broughton Street, Starland District and Moon River District neighborhoods are also known as pet-friendly attractions in Savannah, with restaurants, galleries and performance venues that cater to dog-lovers. The Moon River District, only 20 miles south of Downtown Savannah, is also home to Skidaway Island State Park's six miles of trails through maritime forest and salt marshes and Wormsloe State Historic Site's breathtaking avenue of live oaks and Spanish moss, where dogs are welcome on leashes.
The Savannah area also has four dog parks:
- Mother Mathilda Beasley Park just east of the Historic District in Downtown Savannah. The community park has a fenced off-leash run-and-play area for dogs. It is at 500 E Broad Street.
- Herty Pines Dog Park at Daffin Park in Midtown Savannah. It is fully fenced and has a separate area for smaller dogs, as well as shade trees, clean-up stations, water fountains and free parking. It is at Bee Road and E. Victory Drive (U.S. 80) just off the Harry S Truman Parkway.
- Lake Mayer Community Park in the Beacon Park Area / Sandfly neighborhood. It has a small exercise area for dogs, but dogs are not allowed on any of the trails or other portions of the park. It is on E Montgomery Cross Road just off the Harry S Truman Parkway.
- Tybee Island Dog Park near Jaycee Park, Tybee Island, GA. This popular park has a fenced, off-leash dog run, a separate area for small dogs, shade trees, benches and mulch ground cover. It is at 30 Van Horne Avenue on Tybee Island, which is 20 minutes from the Savannah Historic District on U.S. 80. Note that dogs are not allowed on Tybee Island beaches.
Travelers know Savannah, GA, as a friendly, welcoming city full of history and culture, and shops, galleries and restaurants that cater to leisure and business clientele. Increasingly, Hotels-Rates finds that Savannah and its hotels are pet-friendly and catering to animal lovers, as well.