Pet Friendly Hotels in Buffalo, New York
Fido can have a room wherever you roam in Buffalo, NY, if you book through Hotels-Rates.com. Our database of 43 hotels in Buffalo shows that 22 are pet-friendly.
Buffalo and its suburbs, including Amherst and Cheektowaga, are part of the larger Buffalo-Niagara region on Lake Erie and the Canadian border in Western New York. Where do you and your pets want to be for a visit to the Buffalo-Niagara area?
If you are flying in and out of Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF), consider:
- Days Hotel By Wyndham, Buffalo Airport at 4345 Genesee Street, conveniently located across the street from the airport with easy access to Interstate 90. Rates start at $123.
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Buffalo-Airport at 760 Dick Road, less than 1 mile from Buffalo Niagara International. Rates for the all-suites hotel start at $206.
Headed to Buffalo to cheer on the Buffalo Bills? Make your game weekend home base for the game at:
- Super 8 By Wyndham Hamburg at 5442 Camp Road, Hamburg, NY, 3.6 miles from New Era Field (formerly Ralph Wilson Stadium) in Orchard Park, NY. Rates start at $59.
- Comfort Inn & Suites at 3615 Commerce Place, Hamburg, NY, 3.7 miles from New Era Field. Rates Start at $78.
The closest pet-friendly hotels to the University at Buffalo's North Campus are:
- Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst is a half mile from UB at 100 Maple Road, Buffalo. Rates start at $228.
- Days Inn By Wyndham Tonawanda/Buffalo is 2 miles from UB at 1120 Niagara Falls Blvd., Tonawanda, NY. Rates start at $56.
Or Niagara Falls! Buffalo and Niagara Falls, NY, are neighbors. If you want a pet-friendly hotel near Niagara Falls on a trip that includes business or sight-seeing in Buffalo, consider:
- Howard Johnson By Wyndham at 454 Main Street, Niagara Falls, NY, which – at walking distance – is closest to the falls, as well as to Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino a half-mile away. Rates start at $49.
- Four Points By Sheraton Niagara Falls at 7001 Buffalo Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY, which is 11 minutes from Niagara Falls and just off I-90 South and 20 minutes from Buffalo. Rates start at $89.
In urban Buffalo, the Hyatt Regency Buffalo at Two Fountain Plaza is pet-friendly and in the heart of the theater, financial and entertainment district of Downtown Buffalo. Rates for this landmark hotel start at $129.
When it's time for a walk in Downtown Buffalo, there are several small parks to take advantage of. Roosevelt Plaza is right behind the Hyatt Regency Buffalo and, incidentally, is the site of Buffalo's New Year's Eve ball drop. A couple of blocks away, Niagara Square, at the intersections of Delaware Avenue, Court Street, Genesee Street and Niagara Street, is home to a large monument commemorating the assassination of President McKinley in Buffalo during the Pan-American Exposition of 1901.
Lafayette Square, commemorating General Lafayette's 1825 visit to Buffalo, sits between the Erie County Courthouse and the original Buffalo & Erie County Public Library and offers a clear view of Buffalo City Hall, an Art Deco skyscraper three blocks to the west.
Throughout the city, the Buffalo Olmsted Park System designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux comprises six parks, seven parkways, eight landscaped circles and several smaller spaces. The largest, 350-acre Delaware Park, has a rolling meadow dotted with trees and surrounded by woods and walking paths, a carriage drive and bridle paths offering opportunities to enjoy the outdoors.
And when it's time to let loose with other dogs and dog lovers, there are three dog parks in the Buffalo area:
- The Barkyard at LaSalle Park, D A R Drive / LaSalle Park Road, Buffalo, at the west end of Porter Avenue near the Peace Bridge. The park has separate fenced off-leash areas for small and large dogs. LaSalle Park is Buffalo's largest waterfront park, located at the junction of Lake Erie and the mouth of the Niagara River.
- Ellicott Island Bark Park at 10 Creekside Drive, Amherst, NY. Dogs are allowed off-leash on the entire island, which includes open and shaded areas, trails and a beach. The island, which is part of the larger Ellicott Creek Park, closes each spring because of seasonal flooding.
- The Paw Park at 550 Smith Road, Amherst, NY (near New Road). The park has separate fenced off-leash areas for small and large dogs.
Get out and play in Buffalo and then come back to a comfortable stay at your pet-friendly hotel room or suite booked through Hotels-Rates.com.