Pet-Friendly Hotels and Attractions in Columbus, Ohio
A recent Greater Columbus Convention & Visitors Bureau survey found nearly 90 dog-friendly options for lodging, attractions, parks and businesses in Columbus, OH. At Hotels-Rates.com, we have identified 45 pet-friendly hotels in Columbus, so there’s no reason to leave Rover behind when you come to Columbus.
Among the pet-friendly hotels you can book through Hotel-Rates.com for your stay in Columbus, OH, are:
- Best Western Port Columbus at 1450 Airpointe Drive off of Interstate 650 and 2.5 miles from Port Columbus International Airport.
- Comfort Suites Columbus at 1690 Clara Street, which is at I-71, Exit 111, at the heart of the Ohio State Expo Center and State Fairgrounds.
- Hilton Columbus Downtown at 401 North High Street, putting you and your pooch in the hip and decidedly dog-friendly Short North Arts District.
- Hyatt Place Columbus OSU at 795 Yard Street and about 2 miles from The Ohio State University campus.
- Magnuson Grand Columbus North at 888 East Dublin Granville Road, next to the Continent Mall and convenient to The Ohio State University Airport.
- Quality Inn & Suites North/Polaris at 7500 Vantage Drive just off the Interstate 270 / Jack Nicklaus Freeway loop and minutes from OSU.
- Red Roof Plus+ Columbus Downtown Convention Center at 111 East Nationwide Blvd. conveniently located near the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Nationwide Arena, The North Market and the Ohio State Capitol.
- Super 8 By Wyndham Columbus West at 5655 Feder Road just off I-70 west of Downtown Columbus.
The 175-acre Scioto Mile with miles of trails stretching along the downtown waterfront from the vibrant Arena District to the natural beauty of the Whittier Peninsula, is perfect for dogs on leashes. Around town, the Columbus Recreation and Parks Department has five parks with separate off-leash areas of smaller and larger dogs:
- Big Walnut Dog Park at 5000 E. Livingston Ave. off of Noe Bixby Road and E. Main Street (U.S. 40). (No water access to Big Walnut Creek or the pond.)
- Godown Dog Park at 6099 Godown Road near The Ohio State University Airport.
- Spindler Dog Park at 2121 Spindler Road, Hilliard, OH.
- Three Creeks Dog Park at 2748 Spangler Road in South Columbus.
- Wheeler Dog Park at 725 Thurber Drive West.
Once you’ve both had your exercise, you and your canine companion should look for a special window decal that says "Dogs Welcome Here" to know that you’ve found one of dozens of restaurants, bars and shops onboard with the Columbus, OH, pet-friendly initiative. Or if you come upon one of three Columbus locations of the popular BrewDog brewhouse and taproom, well, you kind of know four-legged visitors are welcome. They are in Canal Winchester, Franklinton and the Short North Arts District.
North Market at 59 Spruce Street in the Arena District is a public market dating to 1876 in Central Ohio. Today, it is home to dozens of unique, independent merchant farmers, butchers, bakers, candy makers, fishmongers, greengrocers and restaurateurs who open and welcome friendly dogs every day of the week.
For a faster food stop, Tim Hortons — with 10 locations throughout Columbus, OH — is pet-friendly, as are its plain Timbits for dogs. Ask for a pet-friendly Timbit and they’ll know not to put sugar on it.
Travelers to Columbus with day-time commitments that exclude dogs might look into doggie day care with Camp Bow Wow at 1006 Dublin Road in the Grandview Heights neighborhood; Wonderdog Society at 1171 N. Grant Avenue near Downtown Columbus; Tail Wags Playground at 1010 W. 5th Avenue, near The Ohio State University, which offers Columbus’ first indoor dog park and lounge; or others, such as The City Dog in Downtown Columbus, Puptown Lounge in Upper Arlington, or Doggie Daycare Center in Downtown.
More than a half-dozen doggie day care options? There’s no question whether Columbus Ohio, is pet-friendly. If you’re traveling to Columbus for a temporary stay, let Hotels-Rates.com help you find a room or suite that fits your needs, including making the furriest members of your travel party welcome.