Pet Friendly Hotels in Lubbock, Texas
Hoteliers in Lubbock, Texas, know your stay wouldn't be complete without bringing your beloved pets along, and 16 Lubbock hotels in the Hotels-Rates.com database say that's OK by them.
Pet-friendly hotels in Lubbock, TX, that you can book through Hotels-Rates have starting rates that range from $45 at the Red Roof Conference Center Lubbock to $133 at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock.
Among Hotels-Rates users, the most popular pet-friendly hotels in Lubbock include:
- Best Western Plus Lubbock Windsor Inn at 5410 Interstate 27, Exit 1B, 7 minutes from Downtown Lubbock. Rates start at $84.
- Super 8 By Wyndham Lubbock Civic Center North at 501 Ave Q in Downtown Lubbock. Rates start at $54.
- Best Western Plus Tech Medical Center Inn at 4703 N Loop 289 (Texas Hwy 289), 9 minutes from Downtown Lubbock. Rates start at $99.
- Days Inn & Suites By Wyndham Lubbock Medical Center at 4923 Marsha Sharp Freeway, 8 minutes from downtown. Rates start at $79.
- Americas Best Value Inn Lubbock East at 150 Slaton Road, 9 minutes from downtown. Rates start at $55.
- Towneplace Suites Lubbock at 5310 West Loop 289 (Texas Hwy 289), 12 minutes from downtown. Rates start at $89.
The City of Lubbock, Texas, is officially pet-friendly, with leaders recently adopting an ordinance allowing dogs on outdoor patios at restaurants city-wide. One local blog, Lubbock in the Loop, has more than a dozen dog-friendly restaurants on its growing list, as well as nearly a dozen retail stores.
Lubbock is also home to two large dog parks, where you and your canine pal can exercise without the hinderance of a leash:
- Canyon Run Dog Park at 102 E Cesar E. Chavez Drive inside the 240-acre Mackenzie Park downtown (west of Joyland Amusement Park). It provides a 2.64-acre area for dogs 30 pounds and larger, a 1.02-acre area for dogs under 30 pounds.
- Hub City Unleashed Dog Park south of downtown at 46th and Avenue U inside Clapp Park (north of the Safety City children's education park). It provides a 1.1-acre area for dogs 30 pounds and larger, a .31-acre area for dogs under 30 pounds.
There are many other Lubbock city parks that welcome dogs and other pets on leashes McAlister Park, one of the city's largest recreation areas, is located at Milwaukee Avenue and Marsha Sharp Freeway, across from the Canyon West Shopping Center and 4 minutes from the pet-friendly Towneplace Suites Lubbock.
Of course, Lubbock offers ample opportunity for walking with your dog to see the sites of the city, a West Texas gem.
A stroll on the campus of Texas Tech University in Lubbock offers a chance to take in breathtaking Spanish Renaissance architecture and a public art program ranked among the nation's 10 best. In addition to the dog park within Clapp Park, the Lubbock Memorial Arboretum offers a unique 93-acre open space that's home to six specialized gardens and a variety of flora and fauna, as well as a 1.18-mile accessible trail.
If your visit includes the first Friday of the month, take your pup along as you enjoy art galleries, live music, food trucks and more on Lubbock's First Friday Art Trail. Or on a Saturday morning June through mid-October, check out some locally grown produce and other foods, as well as the friendly ambiance of the Lubbock Downtown Farmers Market at 19th Street and Buddy Holly Avenue in the historic Depot Entertainment District.
When the day's walking and other duties are done, your comfortable Lubbock hotel room booked through Hotels-Rates will be waiting for you and your pooch for the night. Click though now to find a selection of great dog-friendly hotels in Lubbock ready to accommodate you and your stay.