Pet Friendly Hotels in Tampa, FL
Traveling with your beloved pets is easy in Tampa, where our database at Hotels-Rates.com shows more than 45 pet friendly hotels in Tampa, Florida. In fact, Business Journals has regularly rated Tampa at or near the top among U.S. cities for dog friendliness.
Rates at Tampa pet-friendly hotels found through Hotels-Rates.com range from $59 per night at the Rodeway Inn Tampa, which is blocks away from Busch Gardens Tampa, the new Adventure Island waterpark and the Lowery Park Zoo, to $229 at Towneplace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport next to Tampa International Airport.
The best pet-friendly hotel in Tampa for you depends on why you're visiting this Gulf Coast cultural, tourism and business center — and your budget.
Want to make your Tampa home base near the airport? Pet-friendly hotels near Tampa International in the Westshore / Airport district include:
- La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Airport, less than 1 mile from the airport and with rates as low as $128.
- Hyatt Place Tampa Airport / Westshore, 3.5 miles from Tampa Int'l Airport, 1 block from the International Plaza and Bay Street shopping mall and 3 blocks from Westshore Plaza mall and with rates as low as $159.
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, within 1 mile of the airport and on the waterfront with rates as low as $219.
Maybe you want to stay in Downtown Tampa and take advantage of the Tampa Riverwalk (which is home to the Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park's dog park). Other attractions within walking distance of the Riverwalk and your downtown hotel include Amalie Arena, home of the NHL Tampa Lightning; the David A. Straz, Jr. Center for Performing Arts, a five-theater performing arts complex; and the restaurants and shops of the Armature Works and Heights Public Market redevelopment project. Choose from these and more:
- Tahitian Inn Hotel at 601 S. Dale Mabry Highway with rates as low as $102.
- Aloft Tampa Downtown at 100 West Kennedy Boulevard with rates as low as $153.
- Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel at 200 North Ashley Drive with rates as low as $167.
Or if Tampa's amusement parks are on your must-do list, pet-friendly hotels in North Tampa near Busch Gardens Tampa (which has on-site, air conditioned kennels) and Adventure Island include:
- La Quinta Inn Tampa Near Busch Gardens at 9202 North 30th Street with rates starting at $85.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa — USF-Busch Gardens at 2807 E. Busch Blvd. with rates as low as $149.
- Home2 Suites By Hilton Tampa USF Near Busch Gardens at 11606 Malcolm McKinley Drive with rates as low as $187.
Regardless of where you and your pet stay in Tampa, look for your four-legged companion to be welcomed throughout the Tampa Bay area. The Bring Fido website says there are 216 dog friendly restaurants, sidewalk cafes, coffee shops, bars, and other eateries in Tampa, FL.
And for longer excursions with your canine companion, in addition to the aforementioned Tampa Riverwalk, you can hardly top the 4.5-mile Bayshore Boulevard, the "World's Longest Continuous Sidewalk," for walkies time. Outside of Tampa's urban area, Hillsborough River State Park, about 30 minutes from Downtown Tampa on U.S. 301 North, offers four hiking trails totaling 7.3 miles, as well as picknick areas, two children's playgrounds, a swimming pool, the Pool Side Café and more.
To let Fido frolic on his own, check out any of Tampa's 15 off-leash dog parks, such as Davis Island Dog Beach on Hillsborough Bay, the Picnic Island Park dog beach on Old Tampa Bay in South Tampa or the Deputy John Kotfila, Jr. Memorial Dog Park, at 705 Raymond Street underneath the Selmon Expressway just south of Historic Ybor City.
There's plenty to see and do in Tampa, and your pooch is welcome for much of the way. Let Hotels-Rates.com help you book a friendly Tampa hotel that welcomes you and your furry companion.