Hotels Near the University of Tampa, Florida
Students from 50 states and 140 countries attend the University of Tampa, and if you are a UT parent, supporter or visitor, Hotels-Rates.com can help you find the best hotel near campus for visiting Tampa, FL, no matter where you are from or what's in your budget.
Our hotel search results at Hotels-Rates.com show 40 hotels in Tampa within 5 miles of the University of Tampa, with the lowest rate among those hotels being $72. We found 10 hotels within 1 mile of UT in downtown Tampa, with the lowest rate among those hotels being $89.
Tampa is well-known as a major business and cultural center on the Gulf Coast of Florida, one of America's prime tourism markets. Hotels on Tampa's downtown waterfront near the University of Tampa cater to business and leisure travelers, as well as college visitors and the budget-minded.
Among the closest hotels to the University of Tampa are:
- Aloft Tampa Downtown at 100 West Kennedy Boulevard, less than a half-mile from UT.
- Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel at 200 North Ashley Drive, less than a half-mile from UT.
- Hilton Tampa Downtown at 211 North Tampa Street, which is two blocks off of the waterfront about a half-mile from UT and in the heart of shopping, dining and entertainment. And, with 17 floors of rooms and suites, you won't have to miss out on views of the river.
- Courtyard Tampa Downtown at 102 East Cass Street, about 1 mile from UT.
- Residence Inn Tampa Downtown at 101 East Tyler Street, about 1 mile from UT.
- Each of these hotels are also a block from Tampa's David A. Straz, Jr. Center for Performing Arts, which with five theaters is the largest performing arts center in the Southeast.
The University of Tampa is just east of the Hillsborough River, which creates the Downtown Tampa waterfront. The medium-sized private university is ranked among the best of the best byU.S. News & World Report, Forbes, and The Princeton Review. Many locals are reminded of UT when they spy the gleaming minarets of UT's Plant Hall, the main academic and administrative building and a National Historic Landmark.
The Straz Center for Performing Arts, Tampa Museum of Art and Amalie Arena, home of the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning, are just a five-minute walk from the UT campus. Tampa's Historic Ybor City district is only 10 minutes away and well-known for its vibrant nightlife, dining and entertainment. Ten minutes south of the University of Tampa Campus, Bayshore Boulevard, the "World's Longest Continuous Sidewalk," offers a 4.5-mile stretch of pavement for jogging, rollerblading and cycling past some of Tampa's most prestigious homes in Old Hyde Park, including many on the National Historic Register.
Students and others on a budget in Tampa are well served by public transportation that includes the TECO Line Streetcar from Downtown to Ybor City (which sometimes have live music onboard), the Pirate Water Taxi with 15 stops along the river (including Bayshore Boulevard and Ybor City) and the Downtowner on-demand electric vehicle ride service, as well as Zipcar rentals with a location at the parking garage on Fredrick H. Spalding Drive on the UT campus, Coast Bike Share rentals and other private options.
If you are flying into Tampa for your visit to the University of Tampa, campus is about 15 minutes from the Tampa airport, making hotels near Tampa International Airport convenient to UT and Downtown Tampa, too.
Let Hotels-Rates.com find the Tampa hotel room that's right for you on your University of Tampa visit.