Pet Friendly Hotels in Phoenix, AZ
In a region so well-known for sunshine that its pro basketball team is the Phoenix Suns, you can bet Phoenix is dog and pet friendly. Hiking trails, parks, shops and restaurant patios around the city welcome pets, as do more than 50 hotels in the Hotels-Rates.com database.
For a budget stay at a pet-friendly hotel in Phoenix, the Hotels Rates.com database shows 20 hotels with rates starting at less than $100. Among the most popular pet-friendly hotels in Phoenix, according to Hotels-Rates users, are:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North at 1515 North 44th Street, Phoenix, AZ, 11 minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Rates start at $119.
- Arizona Biltmore A Waldorf Astoria Resort at 2400 East Missouri Avenue, Phoenix, at Arizona Biltmore Golf Club. Rates for a luxury stay in the shadow of Piestewa Peak start at $389.
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix at 2 East Jefferson Street, between downtown Phoenix and the revitalized Warehouse District. Rates start at $189.
- Sleep Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport at 2621 S. 47th Place, 8 minutes from the Phoenix airport. Rates start at $104.
Phoenix, Arizona’s capital and the largest city in the Southwest, sits on the northeastern corner of the Sonoran Desert. This dry heat and sunshine leads residents and visitors alike to get outdoors when in Phoenix. No matter where your pet-friendly hotel is, an outdoor adventure for you and your pup is virtually right outside your door.
Enjoy Pet-Friendly Phoenix with Your Four-Legged Companion
The South Mountain Park and Preserve and Phoenix Mountains Preserve offer numerous trails of varying difficulty, including the popular climb up iconic Camelback Mountain (elev. 2,704 feet). Among the sandstone buttes of Papago Park, all the trails are easy. Your dog is welcome on a leash at all three parks.
The City of Phoenix also offers several off-leash dog parks for free play. Some of the more popular are:
- Hance Dog Park at 323 W. Culver Street, in the northwest section of Margaret T. Hance Park.
- PetSmart Dog Park at Washington Park at 21st Avenue north of Maryland (between Bethany Home and Glendale Roads).
- Rose Mofford Sports Complex Dog Park at 9833 N. 25th Avenue (north of Dunlap).
- Steele Indian School Dog Park at just north of the Steele Indian School Park's parking lot on the west side of 7th Street.
Your pup is even welcome at the ballpark in Phoenix. Chase Field, home of Major League Baseball’s Arizona Diamondbacks, celebrates the Dog Days of Summer by welcoming dogs to the PetSmart Patio and an outdoor and indoor (air conditioned) dog park during Sunday games.
Along with the baseball stadium downtown, consider a stroll in Phoenix’s walkable arts district, Roosevelt Row along East Roosevelt Street near Hance Dog Park.
Also for a walk downtown, Heritage Square is a tourism attraction with stores, museums, restaurants, a coffee shop, and special events among 18th century homes and structures on the oldest remaining residential block in Phoenix. Each February, Phoenix Children’s Hospital hosts Dine with Your Dog brunch at Heritage Square to benefit the PetSmart Charities Paws Can Heal animal-assisted therapy program.
Just north of Phoenix, at I-17 Exit 225, dogs on leashes are also welcome at the Pioneer Living History Museum, a 90-acre town from the 1800s with authentic buildings and historically accurate reproductions, plus costumed interpreters including cowboys, lawmen and Victorian ladies.
Nearby (I-17, Exit 229), Outlets at Anthem offers pet-friendly open-air shopping at more than 60 designer brand shops and restaurants, and an outdoor, shaded children's play area and splash pad.
Old Town Scottsdale, 30 minutes east of downtown Phoenix, is a huge entertainment / tourism district with hundreds of shops, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues. Owners and policies can change with little notice, but one survey found 25 dog-friendly restaurants in Old Town.
Greater Phoenix is a metropolis of 4.7 million people known as the Valley of the Sun and offers limitless activities and points of interest for humans and their animal companions. You can enjoy it from the comfort of a hotel, inn or resort that is there to meet your needs by booking a pet-friendly room through Hotels-Rates.com today.