Hotels Near the University of Texas at Austin
Longhorn fans looking for a hotel near the University of Texas at Austin can fulfill their needs at Hotels-Rates.com. Our vast database of hotels, inns and their amenities shows 87 hotels in Austin within 5 miles of the University of Texas, with rates as low as $40. We also found 21 hotels within 1 mile of the UT Austin, with rates as low as $59.99.
For a room as close as possible to UT Austin and Darrel K Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium for Big 12 football, the Frank Erwin Center for Longhorn basketball or Disch Falk Field for collegiate baseball, our database suggests:
- AT and T Hotel and Conference Center at 1900 University Ave., Austin, TX, which is less than half a mile from the UT Austin campus. Rates start at $220.
- Hampton Inn – Suites Austin * The University-Capitol TX at 1701 Lavaca Street, also less than half a mile from campus. Rates start at $219.
- Super 8 By Wyndham, Austin Downtown/Capitol Area at 1201 North Interstate 35, which is half a mile from UT Austin. Rates are as low as $121.
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Austin at 303 W. 15th Street and a half-mile from UT Austin. Rates begin at $210.
The lowest rates in the Hotels-Rates database for hotels near the University of Texas at Austin are found at:
- Super 8 By Wyndham, Austin North/University Area at 8128 North Interstate 35, with rates as low as $40. It is 5.1 miles from the university via I-35.
- Super 8 By Wyndham, Austin University/Downtown Area at 5526 North I-35, with rates starting at $47. It is 3 miles from campus.
- Americas Best Value Inn Austin at 909 E Koenig Lane, which is near I-35 and U.S. 290. It is 3.3 miles from the University of Texas and rates begin at $49.
Downtown Austin is Convenient from the University of Texas
The University of Texas at Austin is on a 431-acre campus one mile north of the Texas Capitol and visitors' center in Downtown Austin. UT Austin, the flagship school of the University of Texas System, is home to more than 51,000 students and 3,000 teaching faculty. The 307-foot tall UT Austin Tower is the university's most distinguishing landmark and is open for self-guided tours and a full 360-degree view of the UT campus and Austin.
In addition to championship NCAA athletics, there are several renowned museums to visit on the UT Austin campus. They include the LBJ Presidential Library, documenting the administration of our 36th president and major events of the 1960s, including the Vietnam War; Harry Ransom Center, a humanities museum housing such artifacts as the first photograph and a Gutenberg Bible, as well as rotating exhibitions; Blanton Museum of Art, which has a collection of more than 17,000 artworks, the Texas Memorial Museum of natural sciences, which has 5.7 million specimens in its collection; and the Stark Center museum and library, which is dedicated to the study of physical culture and sports.
UT Austin presents thousands of events each year for students and the public on campus, ranging from concerts to plays, film screenings, readings and lectures.
Another unofficial UT Austin landmark, Scholz Garten, founded in 1866 and at 1607 San Jacinto Boulevard 3 minutes south of campus, continues to be the place to celebrate Longhorn football victories. The storefront Hole in the Wall stage across the street from the western edge of the UT campus at 2538 Guadalupe Street has hosted bands of all stripes since 1974.
And, of course, UT Austin students have chosen to study in the Live Music Capital of the World, where more than 200 performance venues await them.
In addition to Downtown just blocks from UT, the city of Austin boasts 10 distinct entertainment districts with everything from trendy shops and restaurants to cool live music venues, renowned museums and galleries and scenic outdoor destinations.
Austin is also known for putting on some of the biggest festivals in the world, including South by Southwest each March, the Austin Food & Wine Festival in April, and the Austin City Limits Music Festival, Austin Film Festival and Texas Book Festival every October.
Stay Near UT Austin and Enjoy Downtown Austin
Find a hotel room or suite that's just right for you in the Austin downtown/university area through Hotels-Rates.com. Check out our database and amenities for each hotel, and click through to book your stay today.